7/18/11

The Three Rules


I have learned, often the hard way, that there are a few simple rules about how to make life easier both before and after journey. First of all, you must always check and double-check departure times. This is absolutely essential. It is amazing how people do this really carefully. Once I arrived at the airport a few minutes before ten. My secretary had got the ticket for me and I thought she had said that the plane left at 10:50 I walked calmly to the departure gate, thinking I still had a little time to spare. I hadn’t bothered to take a good look at the ticket. The clerck at the desk told me politely but firmly that the departure time was 10.15 and that, according to international regulations, the flight was closed.
   Secondly, you should remember that even in this age of credit cards, it still important to have at least a little of the local currency with you when you arrive in a country. This can be absolutely essential if you are flying to a place few tourists normally visit.
The third and the last rule is to find out as much as you can about the weather at your destination before you leave. It may be very different from the weather at home. I feel sorry for those who travel in heavy suits and in April from London or New York to Rome or Madrid where it is already hot.             


No comments:

Post a Comment